AmigaActive (1554/2143)

From:Jonathan Hart
Date:22 May 2000 at 16:53:13
Subject:Re: PFS3 (Day5)

Hello Don

> Judging from mails on the OS3.5, the main problem seems to be that some
> other prep software writes slightly different RDBs from HDToolbox. GVP
> prep particularly.

I had a problem where I saved my RDB with the latest 3.5 HDToolbox- when I
later came to recover it due to a mistake it mucked up my boot partition
and only by thankfully having written down the original cylinder numbers
could I get back my old partitions. I suspected a conflict with PFS (used
throughout), but couldn't never verify a cause.

I now don't trust HDToolbox to save a correct RDB :(

Regards

Jonathan Hart

Config: *A1200T* BPPC 603e+ *BVision* SCSI 4g *Pace56k*
Composed and sent using YAM by Marcel Beck